Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Request a check about the Real Estate firm called "Financial

Customer Question

Request a check about the Real Estate firm called "Financial Attonement". One of the principals is Neal (Navraj) Bawa. They buy up older buildings in the Chicago area and refurbish them. And prospective investors share in the rental income and hoped for appreciation (probably over a 4-5 year period. The minimum investment is $50K. Just need some type of verification if this is a legitimate business.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. How did you find out about them? Just trying to get an idea of how this investment was presented to you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Through a investment firm call "Retirment Loft"

Whenever investing with a company, due diligence needs to be performed. Just Answer does not have the resources to verify if this company is legitimate and that is something which needs to be done, through your own investigation. I say this because you would need and want to ask to see their financials and investments and ask for a break down of the properties they own or previously owned, to see the history the company has. You want to make sure that the company is properly registered and there have been no complaints or lawsuits filed against them. You want to research the people involved and see what they will give you in writing, to evidence this investment. You need to find out what your interest is and how it will be shared and what your risk of loss is. If you have confidence in this investment firm that recommended them, ask for them to obtain and provide you with financials and other pertinent information, so you can make an informed decision. A basic internet search will not reveal much, but you can do it to see if there have been any complaints or if their name appears in any newsworthy articles, to evidence them.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.