Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

In a HOA, if a person has there home up - can they run and

Customer Question

In a HOA, if a person has there home up for sale - can they run and be voted into office for the following year? If no - this would mean those who ran (not being vote in) would be next in line to fill those positions.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

As long as the person still owns the home, the person would be entitled to run for office. Having the home up for sale does not mean there will actually be a sale. Knowing the person has the house up for sale may influence whether or not the person actually gets elected, but having the house for sale does not preclude him from running. If elected, should the house sell, the person would then have to resign and the HOA bylaws would dictate the process for replacing him.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!