Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

In Texas, if a house that is leased is sold, does the residential

Customer Question

In Texas, if a house that is leased is sold, does the residential lease automatically transfer to the new owner?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Yes, your assumption is correct. The lease survives the sale and the new owner must honor it. Unless there is a special clause in the lease giving the landlord the right to terminate in case of sale. The new owner of the property is bound by the lease, just as the former owner was. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)
I see you reviewed my answer, please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic. I want you to be satisfied so I will continue to answer any questions you may have and I thank you in advance for completing this extra step as it will not cost you any additional money.