Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I had recently made an offer on a property and communicated

Customer Question

Hi, I had recently made an offer on a property and communicated with owner directly via texts and emails , he texted me that he and his wife accepted our offer and as she is a realtor , she will be typing the offer and sending it back to us , she had sent me an offer via email with all the terms that we had agreed upon , in the last minute they said that the listing agent had told them that the owners father had to sign the contract as he was on the deed , we were waiting to receive the signed contract and arranged for inspections etc, and last night they told us that they have another offer that was higher than ours and are considering that as his father believes they should go with the highest offer .
I have all the texts and emails to show that this offer that we submitted was actually accepted and we were moving forward , so I was looking up articles on emails and texts and realized that the supreme court had a similar case" Naldi vs gundberg ' ruling that emails are legally binding even though the contract was not executed .
Do I have the legal holding to dispute the decision/ contract if they go with the higher offer ?
Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I am prepared to call you as you requested. In order for me to do that I need for you to accept the call offer I posted to the question thread. Once you have accepted the offer, I am prepared to immediately call you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Doug