RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I am being evicted and I e red a co to help. Are they legit

Customer Question

I am being evicted and I hie red a co to help. Are they legit or do I need to get out quick?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Who did you hire? I am not exactly clear. I am a Florida attorney, so am curious to know who you hired and what they said they would do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
eviction help. Org and they said that they could stop my eviction and that I would be able to stay here for 3 more months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They had me go to the federal bankruptcy court and file federal bankruptcy yesterday

Thank you for the additional information. When you file for BK, an automatic stay would be placed on the eviction proceedings. The plaintiff would then need to obtain relief from the stay, to proceed and evict you but they may try and go after you for additional damages and rent, if there is no good faith basis for this. Yes, it may buy you some time but at the end of the day, the eviction is still going to happen. Now, I do not know what this business is charging you but it needs to be balanced against what the cost to move will be, because it is inevitable. Moreover, unless this company has attorneys working and representing you, you may want to strongly consider getting proper legal advice. If your BK was not properly filed or correct, it could be dismissed.

I tried to accept you phone call request but it said that payment did not clear. if that can be corrected I would be happy to call you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked my bank account and I have plenty of money in there for me to be able to call you it may be that you're using my credit card on hold right now and it won't do to try and transactions at once we may have to hang up from here and then you can call me

I just tried to accept it again. You can contact customer support and they can look into this. I am here to help, so just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I call customer service I definitely need to speak with you

1(###) ###-####/p>

Were you able to speak with them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke with them and they said they would have you call me back within the hour

Ok. Ill wait to hear. Once the accept button processes this, I can then call you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me and take my card information or something so I can get this going im really worried here

I am sorry but I can not. I do not handle anything of that nature.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to try and hit the phone call Request button again

Ok. Ill check in a minute

Good morning. I just tried again to accept the phone call request but it is still saying there is an issue with the payment