Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

When buying a new home, I asked about property tax and was

Customer Question

When buying a new home, I asked about property tax and was given a certain amount, after buying the home, when my tax bill came the tax was double then the amount given by the sales person. Found out that I was in a conservancy district and also have to pay a conservancy district tax which I was not advised of. Their adds say they provide city water and sewer, in which is false and being in a conservancy district, disclosure about paying tax was not mention or told. Don't they have to disclose that information, since taxes was brought up. What legal rights do I have or am I stuck with that for the rest of my life.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

What did the sale contract provide with regard to real estate taxes? Did the title commitment report the prior year's taxes?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you online with me?