Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Neighbors tree fell onto my garage & broke the roof & some

Customer Question

Neighbors tree fell onto my garage & broke the roof & some beams. Are they responsible for the repairs to my garage?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Whose insurance company is liable depends upon whether the owner of the tree knew or should have known the tree was previously damaged or diseased. If the answer to that is yes, then the owner of the tree (or his insurance company) is responsible for the removal of and any damages caused by the tree. If the answer to that is no, then it would be considered an Act of God, and the owner of the tree has no liability for damage and is not responsible for the removal from the neighbor's property.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!