MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I was given a mortgage that I should not have gotten from

Customer Question

I was given a mortgage that I should not have gotten from Bank Of America. I moved out 5 years ago. They did not foreclose on the house. Even the news said "just walk away". Now I am getting letters from another company that the bank gave the loan to that I owe 200,000.00 more than the original mortgage. I do not know what to do.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, even when the bank takes the property, the owner of the debt can still foreclose on you for the deficit. You would need to find a foreclosure defense attorney to defend you in the action against the company that now holds the debt. The next step that they would likely take would be to file suit against you in an attempt to collect the debt.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.