Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

I bought (cash) 2 acres of land in Alabama with another

Customer Question

Hello!! I bought (cash) 2 acres of land in Alabama with another person. Both names are ***** ***** Deed.
I have no interest whatsover on keeping this property and decided to sign a Quit Claim Deed since neither of us has the money to buy the other one's part.
My question is:
1) A Quit Claim Deed will be enough to remove my name from the Deed?
2) If a new Deed has to be signed what is the paperwork involved?
Thank you for your answer
Aida Murillo
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. You stated this was a cash deal, and in the absence of any loans/mortgages (in your name) that would be a lien on the land a quit claim deed will release you from all ownership responsibility for the real property.

1) A Quit Claim Deed will be enough to remove my name from the Deed? 2) If a new Deed has to be signed what is the paperwork involved? Thank you for your answer Aida Murillo

A quit claim deed will work perfectly in this type of situation.

http://www.quitclaimdeed.com/alabama/

This is a link for a free quit claim deed form http://usatitleal.com/assets/quitclaim-deed.pdf

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The response was incomplete . Do not charge me the $31.00. For me is very important to know if with a QCD my name can be erased from the deed

I apologize if my response was confusing.

For me is very important to know if with a QCD my name can be erased from the deed

Your name can be removed/erased from the title by using a quit claim deed. You use the QCD deed to take the title out of your name and transfer title of therproperty to another person or the current joint owner, the deed is then recorded with the county and you are no longer on title and no further liability or responsibility with regard to the land.

I have no interest whatsover on keeping this property and decided to sign a Quit Claim Deed since neither of us has the money to buy the other one's part. My question is: 1) A Quit Claim Deed will be enough to remove my name from the Deed? 2) If a new Deed has to be signed what is the paperwork involved?

YES the quit claim deed will be enough to erase/ remove your name from the deed.

Aida do you have any additional questions for me?

Aida I have not heard back from you and wanted to make sure that you received the information you requested. Please let me know. Thank you.