Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

Can an utility company install a pole on private property?

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. The utility company can only install a pole on private propery if they have an easement for utilities on that particular parcel of private land. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/easements-overview.html. Which State is the property located in? Do you have a copy of the deed for the real property?

The village would be able to tell you if there is a utility easement. Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA. We appreciate your business.

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you had the opportunity to speak to the Village?