RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
90553395

Is a landlord required to advise tenants that a cat or pet

Customer Question

Is a landlord required to advise tenants that a cat or pet has previously resided in a furnished apartment or is it the tenant's responsibility to inquire or add it to a Florida lease agreement?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

Let me look at a couple things and I will be right back with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want a membership - I do not want a call - I want an answer to my question for the agreed $18
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

A landlord in Florida is required to provide a disclosure as to how a security deposit will be treated; identify the actual owner of the apartment; if apartment is more than 3 stories the landlord must disclose whether or not it has an automatic sprinkler system. I don't find anything within the Florida statutes that require a landlord to disclose that an apartment was previously occupied by a tenant that owned a pet.

Does that answer your question? I know that may not be the answer you wanted, but it would be unprofessional and unethical for me not to provide you an accurate legal answer just to get a good rating.

As noted in my opening paragraph I do not require calls and any call you received was generated by the website and I only provide answers and only receive compensation if you rank my answer positive (good to excellent) your ranking should be as to whether I promptly responded and provided you an accurate answer. I have no control over website function, billing, etc.

If you have any questions related to billing, website function, etc. please contact JustAnswer.com Award Winning Customer Service:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help or 1.***-***-****.

I am an independent attorney working out of my home due to disability and I receive a portion of what you pay JustAnswer only after positive feedback. If you leave no feedback they keep it all.

Thank you in advance for leaving me positive feedback. Do note that you are welcome to reply right here to get additional information or clarification on my answer to the question you posted.

Regards

PS: I think you can just log into you account and stop auto billing option, but you should contact customer service if you have any questions about that. I only know that because I signed up for a question about a Ford vehicle and canceled my membership.