Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have purchased a home in fort worth that was owner

Customer Question

I have purchased a home in fort worth that was owner financed. I can't get a copy of my homeowners policy which I didn't think about. I lived in Chicago and every thing was done electronically. The attorney works for first national title insurance he covered the owner and me it just made it easier. Boy was I wrong. I am trying to get copies of my homeowners policy which is not listed on my hud statement I am trying to to refinance and I am trying to get copies of my documents and they are avoided me. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did the seller retain title pending payoff of the loan?

2, Are you paying for your homeowner's policy or is the seller?

3. What documents are you trying to get specifically?

Doug

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't know 2, the seller homeowners policy he sends no mortgage statements the page from the homeowners association they say I owe three thousand dollars I closed in February of 2015
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

I am going to need for you to respond to the 3 questions I asked. I don't know what you mean when you say I don't know 2 What do you mean?

I'd like to propose something that may be of interest to you. If you would like, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conversation as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Many customers find that a call is much more productive in terms of getting their questions answered. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here.

Doug

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No thanks
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

That's fine. I still can't adequately respond unless you can provide me with some basic information.

Please answer each question individually. Thanks in advance.