Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Utah real estate question - filing a notice of Interest real

Customer Question

Customer: Utah real estate question - filing a notice of Interest for a real estate Broker's commission that was used at the time of purchase as money down and then never paid back to the Broker (verbal agreement, nothing in writing). Now the homeowner wants to sell and the Broker would like to file a Notice of Interest. Can this be done successfully?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you want to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
How long has it been since the broker's commission was due to the broker on the initial purchase?