Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

Is the succession valid without my signature, being that

Customer Question

is the succession valid without my signature, being that I'm an heir? Was it closed properly without my signature or notification at the time it was closed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

Succession never requires a beneficiary's signature. It only requires the signature of the person who has passed. As a beneficiary, you should have been notified of status throughout. But, it does not require your signature to close. If you were displeased with the way the state was distributed, contact the attorney in charge of the distribution, or the trustee/executor if no attorney was involved and get clarification of any issues that remain. Either the attorney for the estate or the trustee/executor of the estate is under a legal obligation to provide you with the information. Transparency is required.

If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know. I'm here to help.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1