Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

HOA sending collection invoices before and after property

Customer Question

HOA sending collection invoices for fees before and after property involved in bankruptcy proceedings. up to over $74,000 since 2013 and as much as over $10,000 in one month alone. I am needing a attorney in Houston, TX to help file for violation of Fair Debt Collection Practice Act
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. JustAnswer experts cannot refer customers to specific attorneys. We are not allowed to do so. What I can do is:

- explain to you what your options are, and

- help you find a referral service to acquire an attorney in Houston.

Would this be agreeable?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

Thank you. One last question. Has the HOA been sent notice to stop collections formally once the BK has been filed?

Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

I am being asked by customer service to replay the following message: "Error: The customer’s payment didn’t clear [for the call]. You may want to alert the customer there’s an issue with their payment method."

Please let me know when you wish to proceed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank. awaiting call we can proceed
Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

Customer service states that the same issue is coming up:

"Error: The customer’s payment didn’t clear [for the call]. You may want to alert the customer there’s an issue with their payment method."

Can you ensure that your payment will go through? The site will keep rejecting this until/unless the payment goes through...

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HOW DO WE PROCEED
Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

Ah, I see. Please contact customer service at 1.***-***-****. They are friendly and eager to help. You can clarify any billing issue with them. Afterwords, please simply come back here to this thread and let me know you are ready.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Good morning,

You have asked for a phone call and the payment has been processed. Please let me know when a good time to call you will be and I will try to accommodate your time request. I will be available most of the remainder of today and possibly over the weekend as well.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug