Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Can a permanent easement be placed upon a piece of property

Customer Question

Can a permanent easement for parking be placed upon a piece of property along with a permanent rent for such parking?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand. Typically there is no "rent" for an easement. Are you asking if you can sell an easement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a piece of inherited property that includes an easement in the deed for a certain amount of parking at a predetermined rent that can only escalate at 2%/year.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. That is new (to me)...I am going to send this on to someone who may know. Just a moment please

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

This is confusing.

Is the parking area part of the property that you inherited, or is it part of a different parcel?