Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Florida The water main home (built 1979) passes through two

Customer Question

Florida
The water main for my home (built 1979) passes through two properties to the point of connection to the municipal supply. No written easement was found after a records search with the local utility authority. I have determined there is a leak in the water main. Neighbor 'A', immediately adjacent and with whom I have an amicable relationship, is agreeable to permitting access for repairs. The leak appears to be at the distant edge of 'A's property, near a fence between 'A' and neighbor 'B'. The main passes through 'B's property to the meter. Repair will quite possibly require access to that area of 'B's property adjacent to the fence where the water main is located. ('B' is a rental property). I have yet to contact the owner of the 'B's rental property but would like to be somewhat prepared if there is any resistance, I suspect there is ample grounds for granting a de facto easement but would appreciate any input. Related to this - at the time of construction whose res
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your question was cut off. You state: "Related to this - at the time of construction whose res...."

Can you please finish what you were asking? Thank you.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Related to this - at the time of construction whose responsibility might it have been to file an easement, the property owner, contractor or utility authority?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Whose property is the leak on? Neighbor A? Neighbor B? Or your property? Or, not sure?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!