Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am a real estate agent in mi, i have a pending PA on a

Customer Question

I am a real estate agent in mi, i have a pending PA on a property i own in Otisville, MI
have a question on defentions of giving notice, the purchaser failed to deposit additional Earnst money on time as stated in our PA, I emailed the lawyer( real estate agent) in chicago and told him i have not received the deposit receipt from the Titles co. We have done this 4 times in order to give them a extension on the PA. The lawyer sent back a email saying he would ck with his client as to they are the ones doing the deposit. The lawyer emailed me last night that a email asking about the deposit is not the same as GIVING NOTICE. I think the fact that i ask and he said he would ck with his client is the same as GIVING NOTICE. Now i gave notice 10 days later, but if i'm correct this puts them in Defalut and therfore i should get all of the earnest money on deposit
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Could you provide me the specific language of the agreement relating to notice regarding the deposit? Thanks.