Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience.
77476456

I bought 7 acres of land but was deeded the whole track

Customer Question

I bought 7 acres of land but was deeded the whole track which is 15 acres. I had to pay the last years taxes which he was to do after closing. I have paid this years taxes on his portion as well. I have the deed in hand with his signature for the whole 15 acres. I told the court house that I only owned only the 7. I was told as far as they were concerned I owned the whole 15. Do I own the land and and or should I keep paying his portion of the taxes if He can come back in a few years and take the land away..
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

What controls in regard to who holds title to land is what is filed in the registry of deeds. If you have a deed stating that you own the entire 15 acres and that deed is registered, then you own the entire property.

I see that you want a phone call. I can arrange that, but there is an additional charge. If you accept the charges enter your phone number and I will contact you as soon as I can today. Or if you prferer we can continue posting.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.