Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We own a property in Murrieta, CA that has 1st, 2nd 3rd and

Customer Question

We own a property in Murrieta, CA that has 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th Trust Deeds recorded on Title.
The 3rd and 4th obligations (promissory notes executed in 2003) were discharged through Ch7 BK on 9/2/94. This person has bounced all about the country and changed her name several times and we can not locate her. She would be in her 80s if alive.
The 2nd obligation (also promissory note executed in 2003) was not discharged, but the holders of these notes have been deceased since 2007.
What would be our course of action to clear the Trust Deeds from the Title?
My wife is a paralegal and could handle execution of legal forms and court submissions to keep our costs down, but this is complex enough that we need these questions answered before taking the next step.
Larry Graham (###) ###-####
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. Thank you for using this service, and I am happy to answer this for you. Please understand that I can only provide you with general legal advice in this forum. When I am online I generally respond within an hour; however if I am offline I am often in Court or at meetings and may not be able to respond until later in the evening. That being said, the only way to remove encumbrances from title is to file a complaint for quiet title. So you would have to file a complaint, provide notice to parties, and see who shows up to litigate the claims.

Hello, I hope you found my answer helpful. Please understand that I only receive credit for this response if I am rated. If you need further clarification I am happy to help you. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you would rate my service. Thank you!