Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a huge problem and was wondering if I could get some

Customer Question

Good morning ! My name is*****
I have a huge problem and was wondering if I could get some free Consultation regarding a claim deed between ex mother in law and I? I now only have till 4:30PM Dec.8 2015 to decide how to go about this matter.I 2 years ago signed a Quit claim deed with my ex girlfriends step mom. She loaned me money to purchase this home from a friend of mines mom and the mother in law and I did a quit claim deed agreement. I just almost a year ago went down To the county assessor's office and had the House put in my name like I was told, I am the only one on the house deed and the house does not belong to a mortgage company or bank. Well a few months ago my lil brother got sick and had to leave state to get him help, I got fired and have not been able to pay her like we agreed but she had told me that she will work with me just as long as I pay the insurance witch is in my name and the taxes that aren't due yet that I will be paying Friday. Well I got a letter that was in a certified envelope saying she got an Attorney and either I can sign the house over to her And not owe anything or I will be evicted in 24 hours and she will fake everything from me along with anything I make until the house is in her name. This is where I need some good guidance and some professional help? What are my rights and does she legally have the right to evict me when everything is paid up except for her. Which I do intend to pay her Next week.feel free to contact me ASAP please.(###) ###-#### ***** again for your time.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Do you understand that is not a free forum. That the deposit you have made will be applied to any answer that you have given? Did you want to still continue?

If so, please tell me if:

1. the step mom loaned you the money in exchange for a promissory note that you signed?

2. Did the step mom make you sign the home as collateral for the note?

3. Can you upload those documents?