Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I believe that my landlord committed mortgage fraud in

Customer Question

Customer: I believe that my landlord committed mortgage fraud in buying the house that we're renting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He works for a real estate builder. His parents own a property management company, who is local to Lake Elsinore. When we signed the lease, his father coordinated the lease and signings. His father signed the lease on his son's behalf, in front of my wife and I, and even told us to not say anything, at that time this was in April 2015 the owner's name is ***** ***** dad's name is***** led us to believe that he was the property manager for our rental when reported repairs weren't being done at the house, Robert let us know that he wasn't the property manager we were instructed to keep all utilities in Nick's name, by both Nick and his father we thought this very odd I was talking to a realtor friend of mine who said that he probably did an "owner-occupied" loan on the house to get a lower interest rate keeping the utilities in his name would not raise any suspicions if he was investigated
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I don't mind paying, but my office is closing. Is there a chance to pick this up tomorrow?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry about this issue...but not sure I understand the question. What is your question please?