Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I file a Uniform Commercial Financial Statement in 2011 a

Customer Question

I file a Uniform Commercial Financial Statement in 2011 a lien as a Creditor against me as a debtor (name in all capital letters). A copy of the UCC is in the Property Appraisal records department on my mortgage title and when the Title search company discovered it. The title company can not do anything with the title until its clear, but the clerk of the court says I have to get an attorney to remove it and I say I will not spend money to remove the lien cause my mortgage is about to go in foreclosure due to me not being being able to clear the title to short sell the property. What does all this mean to me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

What is the basis of the lien? Was the underlying debt repaid? Do you have a release?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?