Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

Looking on how to set a Texas dismissal of foreclosure

Customer Question

Looking for information on how to set a Texas dismissal of foreclosure defense aside. Case against Wells Fargo/MERS was dismissed in March 2014 for our attorney's failure to respond to motions to dismiss. They illegally foreclosed January 2015, we have lost possession of property, and filed a wrongful foreclosure action. They have moved to have it dismissed based on the previous suit based on res judicata. We countered by stating due to the case's fraud res judicata doesn't apply.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. What is the reason your lawyer failed to respond to the motion to dismiss?

2. What are the facts that support your fraud argument?

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 11 months ago.
Help
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi WiseOwl58,I cannot afford for a phone consultation. If you wouldn't mind trying to answer the question as posed that would be great. Basically we need a defense to their Res Judicata defense based on the fraud they committed against us and the court.Thanks,
George Riley
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

It appears that you are looking for expert WiseOwl so I will opt out. If you want me [Maverick] to answer, please write back and see my note above.