Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I built a new home in a subdivision in 2006. The subdivision

Customer Question

I built a new home in a subdivision in 2006. The subdivision is incomplete. I recently learned my home was supposed to be on lot #2 but is actually between lot #1 & #2. They are unable to sell lot #1 because of this. Do I have any rights because of this encroachment?
Penny.M
Southfiled,MI
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Penny. Wow!Your situation presents complex Legal problems. I can offer you direct phone contact to obtain more details about your situation especially to learn who was at fault. The information that I can offer will be more specific to your problem. I would also add that I am 100% certain that you are going to need the services of a local real estate lawyer, if one has not already been retained. The offer of additional services will follow this.