Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

Buying a house in Florida, I signed the purchase agreement

Customer Question

Buying a house in Florida, I signed the purchase agreement with the initial offer and the seller countered. Instead of resigning all the documents we only resigned the pages that were changed. Afterwards I noticed the seller changed the option of who pays for the cost of title insurance and verification but did not bring to my or my realtors attention, the page has the sellers initial of change but not mine. Is this contract valid?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The contract is still valid. However, that change is not valid, because you did not agree to it. The original clause remains in place.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.