Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Where and how would I file a quick claim removal from deed.

Customer Question

where and how would I file a quick claim removal from deed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Did son ever sign on any mortgage loan?

.

Would he agree to be removed from the deed?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO HE DIDN'T AND YES HE WOULD AGREE TO BE REMOVED FROM THE DEED. THIS WAS DONE IN A TIME RIGHT AFTER MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY AND I WAS THINKING I WAS DOING THE RIGHT THING TO KEEP MY STEP SONS FROM TAKING ANY THING FROM HIM.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then he wouldn't be liable for any debt after a foreclosure if he didn't sign off on the mortgage. A lender can only come after someone on the loan. He is just a co-owner so he would be included in any foreclosure action just to cut off his rights to the property. But he isn't liable for the debt.

.

He would have to be the one to quitclaim deed his interest to someone else, you can do it for him. Only the owner can get rid of their interest.

.

He can download a quitclaim deed form from a website like USLegalforms.com for a minimal fee and then complete it and have it signed and notarized from him over to you. Then it is filed in the local land records office and that would serve to transfer his interest over to you.

.

.

thanks