CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

Camden did not honor the agreement reached in mediation even

Customer Question

Camden did not honor the agreement reached in mediation even though I vacated by the date listed on the agreement. How can I file to regain possession and get a hearing?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You probably aren't going to regain possession (I don't know what exactly was involved in your case, or what your settlement agreement entailed), but to enforce the settlement agreement, you will need to file a motion with the trial court where the UD action was filed, and ask the court to place the matter on calendar.

In most cases like this, tenants are going to get a declaratory relief judgment (so something requiring the landlord to correct negative entries on the tenant's credit), and money damages for the tenant.

You can also try contacting your county's legal aid to speak with a local attorney to go over your settlement agreement and see if there is potentially some other recovery available (see if recovering possession is a possibility), unfortunately formal legal advice and review of your documents is outside the scope of our forum, but almost all California Counties do offer legal aid for tenants.