Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My step dad past away 2008 and I was heir to s estate and i

Customer Question

My step dad past away 2008 and I was heir to his estate and i have been making payment on house i have been out of state my job shut down icame home and got a letter that said he had title insurance wehat can i do
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Title insurance usually is only a benefit to the lender in the event that there is an issue with the title or a cloud on it.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

So, it's not likely that you would receive any money from a title insurance policy.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

But, you should make contact and find out exactly what the situation is.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, the title insurance will not keep the house from being foreclosed....so if you want to try to keep the property, you're likely going t have to open his estate and get the title transferred over to you and then try to negotiate with the lender to assign the debt to you and modify the payments.