KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

I'd like to begin by providing some background on the

Customer Question

I'd like to begin by providing some background on the situation. I had a tenant that we were about to evict and they moved out before they could be evicted. The family left some thing in the property that they said they would pick up three days after they left. I was there for several hours and the ex-tenants never showed up. I changed the locks that day.
I spoke with them again and I informed them that they could go and get there things, but I would like to be there to lock up after their finished. She had an issue with it and began to question me as to why do I have to be there. I asked her to let me know when they are going(time within or before 1100am), and I will meet them over there. She called me at 10:50pm and said that they were going at that time. I felt unsafe because of many disrespectful interactions and I did not go.
I arranged another day to meet with them. However, I was unable to make it that day and informed them of that. She felt as if I was playing games. However, that was not the issue. I spoke with her and said that I would be there that Sunday. My wife and I were out there for her to get her things. I thought the ex-tenant and I were in agreement. However, she never showed and she was informed that I would not be coming back. They still want there things. How do I get there things to them without having to confront them directly? I do not feel safe around the family, because I feel like she is a bit unstable. I want to give them there things, but I don't want to be harmed in the process.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

In this situation I would have an agent meet them at the property to get their belongings. You can either hire a real estate agent, or any person that you choose, to meet them and let them in.

Sorry you have had so much trouble meeting up, but you really do need to allow them to get their belongings. Otherwise you are going to have to place them in storage and go through more formalities. Best to get this over and done with.

Best of luck,

Kim

Hello, I just want you to know that I am online today, if you have any follow up questions relating to your original question.

If not, please be sure to close out the question with a 4 or 5 rating, which will ensure that I get paid for my work with you and that the system doesn't keep your money.

Take care,

Kim

I just want to make sure that the system doesn't keep your money and I get credited for my work with you. Please go ahead and close out the question with a 4 or 5 rating.

Best of luck and take care,
Kim

Hi there,

It has been 6 days since I answered your question, and the question is still open. I need to close it out so that I get paid for my work with you. Please go ahead and provide feedback of 4 or 5 so that I can get credit for my work and close out the question.

Thank you!

Kim