LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

I own a house in California with both my parents as well.

Customer Question

I own a house in California with both my parents as well. they live in Arizona and I need to put my deed in the living trust they have established. What do I need to do or who do I call?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

In order to transfer the property to a living trust, there must be a new deed prepared to transfer the ownership of the property to the trust and all 3 of you will have to sing the transfer documents. The deed will then be in the name of the trust and legally owned by the trust.

If the trust is established by your parents in AZ, then you will want a local Probate Attorney in AZ there to assist in the property transfer.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the Arizona attorney said I needed to contact a California attorney to finish this process.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Alright, the AZ attorney was concerned about complying with CA real estate transfer requirements. But if the process simply needs to be completed----then in that case, a local Probate Attorney in the county where the real property is located will be able to draft the new deed, have it signed and filed with the local County Recorder's Office in CA.

If you let me know the city and county where the property is located in CA I can get you a list of local Probate attorneys who can assist you.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the house is in Encinitas, California. San diego county.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the additional information. Here is a list of Probate attorneys in that area who may assist you in finalizing the transfer of the real estate to the trust: http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/lawyer_dir/search/jsp/stdSearch_process.jsp?stype=BY_ADDR_OR_ZIP&keyword=probate&location=Encinitas%2C+California&target=FIRM&language=Select+a+language

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I see that you rejected the phone call offer. It is not a problem at all that you choose not to have a call. If you don't have any other questions however, would you be so kind as to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for assisting you, please?

Thanks in advance,

Doug