Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own property in Pennsylvania...I purchased 1.25 acres in

Customer Question

I own property in Pennsylvania...I purchased 1.25 acres in Salem Township Westmoreland County it was a back taxes property that the state sold in in like 2007...I have the title search and deed. The state is saying they bought part of the property in 1948
for the highway from a Bertha McLaughlin. The state never bought it. My title search revealed my piece of property was owned by the Lockhearts and it was sold to them by Bertha before 1948 and I still have 1.25 acres and all the mineral rights. The county
changed the maps and a surveyor said I only own .392 of an acre and there is a no build on it from PENNDOT because it is needed for drainage from the cloverleaf. Then I have a company contact me on my mineral rights wanting to test my land. Peoples Natural
Gas leased my land years ago for the natural gas below it Now the company that contacted me said my land is too small to have a gas well on it they actually only wanted the larger parcels next to me? I still pay taxes on this land every year . I tried several
times to get an attorney to take my case against the state. Nobody would do it. They said it has been too many years. When I bought this land I had a hard time getting a title search and records disappeared all kinds of strange things. All I want is compensated
from the State of Pennsylvania for my land. I told Penndot give me 1.25 acres equivalent to what I have...and I would be happy or compensate me for the land at todays market. At the time 1.25 Acers was for sale on us 22 for $60,000.00 Is any attorney brave
enough to take on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Please bear in mind that this website is for asking/answering legal questions. Unfortunately, I cannot represent you myself.

Thank you.