Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I had my mineral rights detached and the lawyer supposedly

Customer Question

I had my mineral rights detached and the lawyer supposedly delivered it to the County Court house. I don't trust him, that he did it correctly. Is there anything else I should worry about? I plan to sell my home and don't want new owner to have a way of taking the mineral rights.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

The most economical way to do this would be to have a title company do a title search on your own property for you.

You can do this from home - national companies, such as First American, Chicago Title, and Old Republic can all perform a title search for you and give you the current status of your title, including the mineral rights.

Once you have a title report you will be able to confirm the status of your title and determine whether or not your attorney has completed the tasks you paid him to do.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Ray here a new expert ..Hi can you tell me what county is involved??

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Were you deeded the minerals separately here , some more information please, thanks.