How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36209
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are behind in House payments that have a 9.16%

Customer Question

If you are behind in House payments that have a 9.16% interest rate is a Quiet title a form that can be pursued.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


A quiet title action is a legal proceeding that determines who owns a property and who has a legal encumbrance on that property, like a lien. So if the lender has a lien on the property a quiet title action would just confirm that they have an encumbrance on the property and are a lien-holder. But it wouldn't somehow eliminate the lender's right to pursue any collection actions, including foreclosing, in the event that the borrower defaulted on the loan.


A quiet title just formally shows who owns the property and who has any legal liens on it.





Related Real Estate Law Questions