Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

If you are behind in House payments that have a 9.16%

Customer Question

If you are behind in House payments that have a 9.16% interest rate is a Quiet title a form that can be pursued.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

A quiet title action is a legal proceeding that determines who owns a property and who has a legal encumbrance on that property, like a lien. So if the lender has a lien on the property a quiet title action would just confirm that they have an encumbrance on the property and are a lien-holder. But it wouldn't somehow eliminate the lender's right to pursue any collection actions, including foreclosing, in the event that the borrower defaulted on the loan.

,

A quiet title just formally shows who owns the property and who has any legal liens on it.

.

,

thanks