Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I have a condo with my husband.EWhen we married I payed off

Customer Question

I have a condo with my husband.EWhen we married I payed off the balance of the condo which was 50,000 dollars. Then because it was in his name he went to the court and had my name put on the deed. Now he has taken equity out of the bank under his name
and the bank says I have no rights to see the account or stop further loans, We have a 30,000 lien on the condo now. Don"t I have any rights in this situation?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You may decide to sue the husband here for the $50,000.You could get judgment here and might force him to sign it over to you.You have rights through the courts to recovery for your property loss.You will need a local lawyer to pursue this matter and get judgment for including legal fees.You may get the ex to sign over the property as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.