Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have a Judgment lien on my property. The property is

Customer Question

I have a Judgment lien on my property. The property is located in Orange county Florida. The lien is 20+ years. The lien was filed 1/24/1994. How can I write over this stale lien?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Can you please clarify the term, "write over?" Is your goal to avoid the lien so that you can, for example, sell, or refinance the property?

What is the lien value?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Selling property. Lien value is 1,444,000.00.

Is this your principal residence or an investment property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Principal resident

Wait a second. Silly me.

If the lien was recorded in 1994, then it's expired. Contact a title insurance company and have them run a title report. They will tell you pretty quickly whether or not they will insure title as part of the sale.

If you've already done this, and the title insurer has declined to write a policy, then I would need to review the lien document and the title report, to try to figure out why you can't get insurance. And, for that I would have to send you an additional services offer. So, if that's where we're at let me know if you're interested, and I'll send the offer.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can send me an estimated legal fee to resolve this issue. my email address:***@******.***
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
Your previous contributor opted out because I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
We can answer questions and provide information to customers, but we are forbidden from representing them.
If you have further questions, please ask and I will assist you. If you do not, please consider leaving positive feedback for your expert. Thank you.