Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

My daughter was arrested and needed my help. The federal

Customer Question

My daughter was arrested and needed my help. The federal judge reruired a signature bond and put a 60,000 lien on my property. Its been over one yr she has been following all the rules , the problem i have is that i need to refinance my home is there a way to ask to remove the lien and offer a signature bond in leau of the lien?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You would have to go back through federal court and judge here to resolve the bond.Daughter would likely have to post a bond through a bonding company.This will involve her paying a fee to the bonding company.

The judge here is going to want a real bond to release the lien here.You need to go with daughter and talk to the court clerk here.You may want to shop a bail bondsman so you have on lined up if the judge will go along and agree to a bond.Most bonds here runs about 1% of the amount the judge has set as bail here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.