Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I had 5 affirmative defenses presented in my foreclosure

Customer Question

I had 5 affirmative defenses presented in my foreclosure case. Bank moved to strike them. Judge K granted to strike 2, and denied striking 3. Judge K left to different court and judge M who was elected the first time as judge took over. Bank moved for summary judgment on my 3 defenses allowed by judge K. Instead of hearing (she was not ready to rule) she took two months to rule over the mail. I haven't received the decision yet but the court records online show that she granted banks motion on nov 16. What can I do? Can I talk to judge K? How do I get back my 3 defenses?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You can either file a Motion for Rehearing/Reconsideration or appeal the decision to the upper, appellate courts.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.