Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

What should I tell my Title Company since they are telling

Customer Question

Good Morning Roger. So what should I tell my Title Company since they are telling me I need to bring my Company back in Good Standing? From what you are saying I need a Warranty Deed. How do obtain that?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The company being in good standing (or not in good standing) doesn't affect the title/ownership of the property. The company not in good standing would still own the land. So, if you issued a warranty deed from the company to you individually and recorded it, that should remedy the issue.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

From what you've posted, it doesn't sound like you're guaranteed to recover your name......so if you aren't given the company name back, that can't hold your property hostage or result in you losing ownership of the property.

But, you're better off to file the appeal and proceed with attempting to get your name back, BUT if that doesn't happen, you should be able to transfer the property via warranty deed to yourself as part of the "winding up" of the company.