How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40148
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is my recourse who repeatedly ttrespasses on my

Customer Question

What is my recourse for someone who repeatedly ttrespasses on my property when told not to do so and where the sign is visibly posted
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Under the Connecticut penal code, there are three degrees of Criminal Trespass. All of them are misdemeanors, meaning that each degree of Criminal Trespass is punishable by one year in prison or less, depending on the degree charged.

Law enforcement should arrest them and charge them with criminal trespass since you have marked it with signs.You may consider a video camera here so you have video evidence as well.

Reference to the law

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I would report this to law enforcement.You may want to consider

a video camera to get the evidence needed to charge them.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You can put out these signs that show you are

surveiling them..

Keep reporting them it shows a pattern here, hopefully video will ge them prosecuted.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

I wish you the best here.I know it is frustrating.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.