How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7243
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to a lawyer and wanted to quit claim my two

Customer Question

I went to a lawyer and wanted to quit claim my two properties to my son and keep a life estate and ownership until I die. I had to refi the one I got on sheriff sale, because nothing is grandfathered in, the city had a long list of things that had to be done.
Later on, when my son went bankrupt the trustee wanted 6000.00 or he would sell the house I live in. Believeing I still owned the properties I called to let him know that my son had no equity in the properties. He came unglued and said now he was going for much more and filed an adversarial suit.
I went back to my lawyer to try and straighten it out. The lawyer I had was retired and his associate had taken the business. She informed me that I no longer owned the properties and the loan I took out on the house I live in was illegal, said ” I was a dog with no bone in the fight”(will not admit that I was misrepresented) now the trustee wants 15000.00 and denies having ever saying 6000.00
I am in the process of refinancing the house I live in for what I owe + 15000.00 to give the trustee 15000.00 and put it back in my name. My son contacted his lawyer so we could figure a way to settle with the trustee, he said the trustee would probably get an injunction to stop the loan. He wants to auction it. I am at my wits end and have had countless sleepless nights.This has been going on for over a year. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

What you have stated here just far too complex to deal with him this question and answer format. We would be going back and forth for days and days without getting to the real legal issues that you face. That is why I am going to offer you our Additional Service consisting of direct contact by telephone. That will permit me to ask the numerous questions that I have two ask you in order to analyze your situation. Although the cost of this service is much more than you offered, it is far, far less than $6000 and certainly less than $15,000 which you say you are prepared to pay the Trustee. I will need more information regarding the quitclaim deeds to your son, including the date of those deeds and if they were recorded with the county recorder. I cannot assure you that you will not end up having to pay Substantial money, I can assure you that you will fully understand your legal position and thus be better able to make an intelligent decision about what to do. The offer for additional services will follow this reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must wait until I get paid again on the first.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

That will work for me. BTW, what city are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Akron Ohio
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have copys of the deeds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will accept offer on the first of December 2015.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I look forward to hearing from you on the first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is progressing, the trustee accepted my offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't need anything else.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad that you have it settled. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.