Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I plan on trying to sell my cemetery plat. I am 80 years old

Customer Question

I plan on trying to sell my cemetery plat. I am 80 years old & live in assisted living home. If I sell what do all do I need to the deed I have. On the back is where the notary stamped & signed. How or what will I have to do after I get the money? my cell is (###) ###-####if u want to call. THANKS
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

In Texas these are deeded like any other real estate.You will need a warranty deed from you the grantor to the buyer/grantee.You would use the legal description from the prior deed.

You may also want to write the cemetery with copy of deed stating you sold it and they need to up date records and send any correspondence to the new owners giving them name and address for their records.

That should do it once deed is filed in County deed records.I would go with buyer if they are local and file it together to make sure you are off the title.This protects you from any future issues.

Free forms you have to complete names and legal description from prior deed.

http://joshblackman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Warranty-Deed.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Thanks again and good luck with the sale here.