ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

I have someone leasing our pasture,. He has placed a fence

Customer Question

I have someone leasing our pasture, for cows. He has placed a fence around the area, and has put up an electric pole for powering the fence. Does he have the right to take these when his lease is terminated?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The tenant may take them if they were not contractually agreed to be left (that is, rent reduced because of the fence and pole, etc...) and if it doesn't cause damage in the removal. Essentially as the owner you have a right to the property being in the same or similar condition (minus reasonable wear and tear) as it was at the beginning of the lease. Now the tenant could leave it if he wanted, but simply by affixing it to the property it doesn't automatically make it yours.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Hello? Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time (~45 minutes) and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

Was there anything else?

I see that you still have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!