WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I bougth a condo at 180 Sycamore St. in Roslindale, MA on

Customer Question

I bougth a condo at***** in Roslindale, MA on April 26 2015. I knew the hardwood floors had been stripped/sanded/finished but didn't realise the job had been unsafely until earlier this month the same process was repeated on the 2nd and 3rd floors. The smell was so strong that I called the EPA who referred me to the Boston Public Health Commission. Clara I. Tenjo, Health Inspector, Moderate Risk Deleading Trainer Environmental came to the house and in the presence of Fran Karoff, condo owner, inspected my condo. She and a colleague who stopped by @ 30 minutes later recommended that my cat, dog and I spend the night elsewhere, tht fans be put in all the windows and the house aired out. I questioned the security aspect of this and explained that I would be staying the night. Ms Tenjo returned the next day with a portable gas chromatograph and pronounced the air clean. I ask if any tests for gas particles on surfaces were to be done and she said this was outside the brief of her office. I called the Boston Public Health Commission 2 days later and was referred to Jack Tracey. I left a message for him but have not heard back.
I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 1986. I began renting the 2nd and 3rd floors of***** in 1990. John and Fran Karoff purchased the house in 1996. My diagnosis was known to them. Since April I have lost >50 pounds. I have been extensively tested for Lyme Disease, DVTs, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, circulatory disease, Malaria without any conclusion.
Last Sunday John and Fran were working on the 2nd and 3rd floors. The noise was so loud that a neighbour 4 doors down heard it. The dog and I were forced to leave the house at 2pm and could not return until John left at @ 6pm.
them
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I'm so sorry for your trouble. You have a valid claim for breach of contract and can purue it in the Superior Court of Mass. You can sue the parties involved and call the public health department representatives as witnesses to testify as to what went on here. You have a valid claim that is actionable and you can either file the claim yourself with the self help center of the court or get a lawyer who will take the case on a contingency basis, in which case you will not pay anything until you win and it is a very economical way to pursue your legal claim.

Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the quesiton I wish you all the best.