Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Purchased a home on five acres. during inspection period

Customer Question

purchased a home on five acres. during inspection period walked the newly surveyed lines . after purchased realized the stakes had been moved. upon asking seller I was told that their previous sale of property next to the one I bought the buyer did not like the lay out so he changed mine. I was never notified by seller or his agent or was my agent notified of the change while we were under contract to buy. the selling agent did provide the title company with the changed description. but no one informed me. what are my options?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Did the seller change the dimensions of the lot after you were under contract and after you had walked the property boundaries?

.

Did they move the lot lines so as to give you less or more land?

.

Does this make the property less desirable in some way?

.

.

thanks