Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

We were sold a house right next door to a drug dealer. The

Customer Question

We were sold a house right next door to a drug dealer. The listing agent said he informed our agent of the situation, as the police were involved. When we expressed an interest in the house, our agent said the police were contacted because someone stole the for sale sign out of the house's yard, but the situation was resolved and there were no additional problems. After we moved in to the house, many neighbors came and told us of the drug activity. When the listing agent came to pick up his for sale sign he asked us if we had been told there was a drug house next door. He said he had informed our agent of the situation, as the police were involved. Do we have any recourse?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, when a residential home is being sold, neither the seller nor their agent are required to disclose any facts of criminal activity in the neighborhood, so unfortunately, generally there would not be legal recourse in a similar situation.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.