LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
58185682

I found out I have a lien on my house when I was trying to

Customer Question

I found out I have a lien on my house when I was trying to refi. I have no documentation or contact information, I was told in the beginning that HUD would help me out with this so I wouldn't lose my house.i thought they told me this would be a forgivable loan of $18.290.00 I wa going through NACA to help me so my house wouldn't go into foreclosure back in 2009.
Title company can't find no information who to contact and get this matter resolved.
Who would I contact to resolve this matter, I live in Arizona?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to help you with your question. Can you please tell me who informed you of the lien and what steps if any you have taken to discover who placed the lien? Also in which county is the property located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stewart Title told me I had a lien but I have no info from this. Maricopa county. The contractor HUD used for this loan is no longer in business to obtain a subordination from. Loan dept for Carrington Bank has repeatedly contacted HUD they haven't been able to help.they looked who is listed in FHA Connection, but they were told its either inactive or invalid number.
I have no contact or correspondence since loan was originally taken out, I thought this loan was forgiven .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to refi through Carrington Bank who is servicing my mortgage ,interest rate is way lower than what I'm paying now.

Do you know what type of lien it is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent an email to title guy to see what type of lien it is. Otherwise I don't know because I thought this was a grant which should of been forgiven.

Thank you for that additional information.

Since your property is located in Maricopa County you can request the records regarding the lien from the recorders office.

They have a website here http://recorder.maricopa.gov

Hopefully the information can be obtained online. If not you can call or visit them in person. Once you find out who placed the lien you can take steps to have it removed. Either by disputing it or having it satisfied.

I hope that I have answered your question. If you have additional questions once you get the information regarding the lien please ask them of me.
_________________________________________________________________
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My title guy found the correct person to get into contact with this lien. The national service dept to find ot how to subordinate this lien. Sorry but I don't need anymore info from you.

I'm happy that you were able to find a solution. Can you please take time to rate my answer. That is the only way that I receive credit for the time and effort I provided in assisting you. If you find you have more questions later be sure and return.

I am following up to see if you need any additional assistance. Also if you have not yet rated my answer please take time to do so.