Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Our building is being sold can they evict us even though we

Customer Question

our building is being sold can they evict us even though we have lived here over 20 years
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You would have right here to complete any lease you have.The new owners would have to give you notice at end of lease or they may offer a new lease and new terms at that time.They cannot evict you here unless they give you notice.If you have a lease they buy the building subject to the terms of your lease.

They cannot terminate your existing lease here.They have to honor it in any sale.I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I truly appreciate the chance to be of service.If you can leave a positive rating when we are through it is always much appreciated.