Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I am beyond frustrated! My office condo had the roof

Customer Question

I am beyond frustrated! My office condo had the roof replaced in May of this year. The roof leaked before, the roof leaks worse now. Everybody is pointing the finger at everybody else. Meanwhile, I'm out money for interior repairs and clean up. The current situation is that it is raining and water is pouring into my space. No one gives a hoot from the board members to the property manager. I do not know what I am expected to do to resolve this issue. I have no nice left in me. That's been gone for quite a while.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have made negligent repairs, then the association is liable to you for the damages caused AND the repair contractors are liable to the association for the damages. So you have a legal claim against the association, which you can file against them for the negligent repairs and damages caused to your unit. Other than a lawsuit though, if the board is not taking action to resolve this matter, there would be no other options I am afraid.