RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I leased my condo to a couple Apr 30/15. They secretly moved

Customer Question

I leased my condo to a couple Apr 30/15. They secretly moved out and allowed a business partner to live there. The lease agreement specifically states that they cannot sublet. The illegal tenants have no contract with the original tenants nor do they have renters insurance. I want to give them notice to vacate, what are my rights? Thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you would need to proceed with eviction proceedings, as they have no legal right to stay. In a situation like this, you would want to 1) provide notice to the original tenants on the lease, since they are in breach and 2) send notice to the tenants there as well, to vacate. This way, you can both people out and notice all parties of the breach and need to cure or vacate. If they fail to do so, then you could proceed through the court and evict AND go after the original tenant for damages suffered under the lease, as a result of the breach and fees and costs incurred.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you forward me a link for the legal documents?

It is a notice and not a legal document. Here is a link which you can use as a reference and make sure to read the FL statute as well.

http://floridarei.com/forms/7day_notice_to_cure.pdf

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!